Thursday, April 22, 2010

Up, Up, Up and Away

Jacob has asked several times over the past week if we could throw everything out of our house. The only thing I could come up with was that he was trying to tell me we needed to clean, but it truly was not that bad, so he must have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. I finally figured it out this morning when he asked again, I asked him why and he said "To make the house empty". We have been watching the Disney Pixar film "Up" a LOT lately. I asked him if he wanted the house empty so it would float if we tied balloons to it. He said yes and explained that in "Up" "Mr. Fredrickslin"'s house floats when he throws all of his things out of it. Adorable, right? I have to admit, I did pause and struggle with whether or not to crush the innocent childhood disillusionment of my blue eyed toe-head with the chubby baby paws. I then had a flash of him throwing things out of his bedroom window and realized that it had to be done. It took quite a bit of convincing, but I'm pretty sure I have successfully saved our belongings from certain shattering. I think I'll still keep watch for a growing balloon stash though.

No comments:

Post a Comment