Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Little but Mighty

Mondays are my late nights at work. Some Mondays I get home after the kids are in bed. Last night was one of those nights. While I am truly okay with my work schedule, I also have the obligatory mother's guilt about it, so when Lauran started crying last night when she woke up and realized I was home, of course I went up to give her a hug & kiss, yada yada yada, Lauran somehow ended up in our bed. It is amazing how someone so small can take up most of a king sized bed! At various points her head was on top of mine, I had tiny feet in my back, got elbowed in the face, and her feet were on her pillow instead of her head. At one point we looked like an "H", with Bill & I being the verticals and Lauran the horizontal! Throughout all of it though, it never occurred to me to pick her up and put her back in her crib. Because each time I was woken up I opened my eyes and saw this button nosed, chubby cheeked, absolute angel sleeping next to me, and there was no place else I wanted her to be besides snuggled up next to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment