Sunday, June 13, 2010

Battlescars


My morning started with a text message from my husband which read "Does hair pulled out from the root grow back?" I called and reassured him that yes, hair pulled out from the root will indeed grow back. Not certain whether or not I wanted to know, I asked why, to which he responded "Well, we had a little accident this morning" and proceeded to tell me that Lauran was running and fell, directly into the path of Jacob using the Swivel Sweeper. This of course resulted in Lauran's hair being swept up, wrapped around the brush, and lots of crying. Bill said he unraveled as much of her hair as he could, but some got pulled out of her scalp from the root. When I got home, after covering the impacted areas with layers upon layers of kisses, I checked out the damage. While there is not any one big old bald spot, there are however several small bald patches. I imagine as the new hair grows in it will make for some interesting looks. To make the story more interesting though - my beautiful girl with the bald patches is the flower girl in a wedding in two weeks. The spots are still too tender to check, but I'm pretty sure a well-placed pony tail will mask it. Just in case though, does anyone know where I can get a mini-phony pony?

No comments:

Post a Comment